We are partnering with Wellington City Libraries to bring you ‘Design thinking in a day’. A unique learning experience where you will work together with librarians and industrial design students from Massey University to re-imagine our city library.
Upskill in design thinking and input to an incredible project that will keep Wellington City Library services relevant.
Experience design thinking. This workshop is for anyone who wants to differentiate their product or service, and put the customer at the centre. Calling all senior leaders, HR, ops, change managers, business analysts, product managers, project managers, digital strategists, customer insights specialists, market researchers, service delivery managers, customer experience managers, UX designers, service designers, interaction designers, product designers, software developers, engineers, and customer facing staff. Everyone can add value with design thinking.
You will learn by doing and leave with new design thinking methods that can be used across your business. Whether you’re a seasoned professional looking to brush-up on your skills, or dipping your toes into design thinking for the first time, this workshop is for you.
- Use co-design to engage customers and stakeholders in the design of better products and services.
- Use bodystorming to step into the customer’s shoes and see the world through their eyes.
- Uncover deep insights about what is truly meaningful to customers through ethnographic field research and interviews.
- Ask ‘why?’ Dig deeper to pinpoint the source of problems troubling your customers.
- Record research findings. Capture better field notes that take teams to rapid insights.
- Make sense of research data. Use affinity mapping to identify patterns and trends.
- Create ‘How might we?’ questions. Transform problems into opportunities. HMW questions kick-start brainstorms and inspire teams to generate new ideas.
- Use lateral thinking techniques to unravel wicked problems and brainstorm like a pro.
- Take the butterfly test. Identify the most alluring ideas to explore further.
- Prototype. Make ideas real through physical prototypes, storyboards, and role play.
- Use service staging to communicate service concepts and seek feedback from customers and stakeholders.
65 Victoria St, Wellington
The workshop will be held in the Mezzanine room on the 1st floor. Walk across the footbridge from the Clarks cafe to find us.
09:00 to 18:00
Join us for a cuppa at 09:00. We will kick off at 09:30 sharp with coaching on using ethnographic field research methods to uncover deep insights about customer needs. This will take us out into the library floor to interview the public. The next stage is working in design teams, with designers and librarians, to brainstorm new ideas that resolve customer frustrations and improve their user experience.
After a bite eat in the square, you will spend the afternoon prototyping future library services and evolving your thinking. At 16:00 design teams will head back out into the library to invite members of the public in for canapes, drinks and to give feedback on their ideas for future library services. Prizes will be awarded to the most innovative design team, donated by the lovely people at The French Art Shop.
Wellington City Library are subsidising this workshop enabling us to offer you reduced price tickets. Coffee, cake, lunch, and workshop materials included. We will close the workshop with canapes and drinks. All prices are per person in New Zealand Dollars and are exclusive of GST and Eventbrite booking fee.